Salary: £24,300 – £28,150 pa
Location: Millbank, London
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Closing date: Mon 03 March 14
Ofgem E-Serve supports the delivery of government consumer and environmental schemes and programmes. In addition Ofgem E-Serve manages the regulatory regime for offshore electricity transmission networks.
This is a diverse and varied role working with a range of customers and internal stakeholders with a particular focus on fuelled generating stations and sustainability reporting. You will liaise with fuelled stations in the review and reporting on their fuel measurement and sampling to ensure their eligibility for applicable Ofgem energy schemes, advising on requirements and details of each scheme. You will also review sustainability audit reports to support assessments of fuel generators’ sustainable energy strategies.
• Relevant technical degree or equivalent qualification
Essential skills and experience:
• Proven expertise of working with IT systems and packages, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent interpretation, numerical and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing shifting priorities
• An interest in, or knowledge of, renewable energy, particularly biomass fuels
In addition to working in a stimulating environment we offer:
• Up to 30 days’ annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only)
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Excellent working environment.
For fairness we require all applicants to complete our online form and so are unable to accept CVs. You might be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process and you will need to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details click here
To apply, please click on ‘more information’ below.
Closing date: 9am, 3rd March 2014
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
For further information click here.