Organisation: Farms Not Factories
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 pa depending on experience
Location: London, SW3
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Mon 03 March 14
Contact name: Max Wakefield
Contact telephone: 02075846592
Contact email: email@example.com
Campaigns & Outreach Manager
Farms Not Factories/The Pig Pledge Campaign
An enthusiastic, proactive and flexible campaigner with outreach experience is required to work alongside Directors Tracy Worcester and Alastair Kenneil and a small team running Farms Not Factories – focusing on the outreach, development and launch of the Pig Pledge campaign.
Farms Not Factories’ mission is to work collaboratively through film-making and campaigning to support the work of the food sovereignty movement by exposing the true costs of cheap meat from animal factories, in order to inspire people to make food choices that enable a farming system that is local, healthy and fair to people, animals and planet.
We focus specifically on factory pig farming through our international library of Pig Business films which document, in 21 languages and 7 country specific versions, the negative impacts and positive alternatives to animal factories. We are able to reach at least 35 countries that suffer from animal factories via this media.
We are now outreaching and realising the Pig Pledge: our new campaign, to commence from late 2014 onwards. The campaign will be consumer focused and aimed at shifting buying habits away from meat from animal factories, for good.
At its heart will be a cutting-edge ‘viral’ video (in production), focusing on the overuse of antibiotics in factory farming, alongside other important issues. It will ask consumers to pledge to avoid factory farmed meat, by looking for higher welfare options and alternative local sources – and to share this action with three or more friends.
The campaign will launch initially through networks in the UK, North America, and countries where we have made country specific films in Europe and South America. The campaign already has 50 organisational partners spanning 4 countries. Our initial target is for 100,000 pledges to be made.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team full-time in a leadership and coordinating role to bring more organisational partners on board, assist on content development and coordinate the run-up to campaign launch in late 2014 or early 2015 for maximum impact.
The new Campaigns & Outreach Manager will work collaboratively to:
- Continue to expand and diversify the Pig Pledge campaign’s organisational supporter base through international outreach.
- Coordinate an online and social media campaign strategy.
- Coordinate a campaign launch plan including committed partners, press channels, social media, our existing individual supporter base, and real world events.
- Input ideas and advice into viral film production and development of the Pig Pledge campaign’s online presence/platform and campaign messaging.
- Develop a post-launch campaign plan to extend the initiative’s reach and targets, including to further countries and regions.
- Recruit and manage an effective team of staff and volunteers to assist with campaign outreach and launch.
- Bring new ideas for collaborative working with pro-active partners, and how expertise in our networks can be best involved.
- Contribute to organisational tasks and administration.
The role will be full-time and employed on a fixed contract basis of minimum 1-2 years, or completion of the project, based near Sloane Square.
- Experience managing and working with volunteers and staff members in a small, flexible, team.
- Strong written and verbal communication; confidence in public presentation, varied writing abilities (blogs, website content, outreach materials, campaign descriptions, press releases, funding bids etc.).
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work.
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal office hours and travel.
- A commitment to Farms Not Factories’ vision and mission and to ending meat from animal factories while revitalising small scale family farms.
- Willingness to contribute to shared office administration tasks.
- Experience of campaign outreach and working with and recruiting partner organisations across different sectors/issues.
- Experience or specific skills and expertise related to design and execution of online campaigning strategy.
- Experience of communications and using social media in an organisational context.
- Experience of events organisation.
- Experience using the WordPress.org website platform.
- Foreign languages: Spanish, German, French or others.
NB. Ideally applicants should be able to bring a laptop into the office daily. Please let us know in your covering letter whether this is not the case.
This is a great opportunity for a highly competent, self-starting campaigner to join a small team committed to changing consumer habits for good and making animal factories a thing of the past. Your work will enable us to bring our message and expertise to a global audience and create behaviour change that is vital to fixing the global food system.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter (1500 words maximum) explaining how you meet the person specification with reference to the role description.
Deadline for applications is 6pm on the 3rd of March. Interviews will be conducted during the w/c 10th of March in our office near Knightsbridge or Sloane Sq tube stations.
No agencies please.
For further information click here.