Salary: £26,000 – £31,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Sun 09 March 14
Contact name: Patricia Del Rio
Contact telephone: 02077495970
Contact email: email@example.com
Development Officer (Maternity Cover), London
ClientEarth is a non-profit public interest environmental law organisation headquartered in London with offices in Brussels and Warsaw. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Development Officer to join our fundraising team in London. This is maternity cover position for 6 months.
You will be primarily responsible for handling the management of a portfolio of grants under the Climate & Energy, Health & Environment and Environmental Justice programmes while identifying and maximising further income from institutions such as trusts and foundations. You will have track record of writing compelling funding applications and successfully researching and securing funding opportunities from institutions. You will have proven experience of grant stewardship and management of a donor base and pipeline and sound coordination and collaborative skills to work with teams across the organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfil a broad and interesting range of duties, including:
- Implement and monitor annual development activity plans by assigned programme areas including scheduled activity reports, renewals and new submissions
- Identify, prepare, submit and monitor fundraising bids from grantmaking trusts, foundations, and government from initial enquiry to final contract
- Develop well researched and comprehensive proposals and reports that meet funding priorities and requirements within the submission deadline
- Collaborate with the finance team to compile accurate budgets that account for full cost recovery and are approved by the finance department to ensure the alignment of financial and narrative deliverables
- Manage existing relationships with major trusts and foundations to ensure that funders are aware of project performance and budget alterations, and receive regular updates in compliance with grant agreements
- Work with senior management team and coordinate with programme staff to review development activity and strategy, capacity needs, prospective funding opportunities and emerging NGO partnerships
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of fundraising activity including funding prospects tracking chart, income and reporting schedule, grant profiles, etc
- Contribute to the creation of a three-year fundraising strategy which will include both grants fundraising, major gift initiatives, and improved online fundraising presence for connecting with supporters and groups through new and engaging fundraising activities
- Assist the Director of Development in setting targets, producing reports for senior management and the Board of Trustees
- Proven experience identifying funding opportunities from Trusts and Foundations in particular and monitoring calls for proposals from statutory funding sources (essential)
- Writing, coordinating and submitting successful funding applications for both short and long term projects (essential)
- Ability and confidence to deal with/report to major complex statutory funders such as DFID and EU grants (desirable)
- Donor data/ excel database management and strong computer skills (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills (essential)
- You will be highly organised, priotising tasks and confident managing multiple projects for various programme areas while keeping track and records of development activity on a regular basis (essential)
- You will have experience of fundraising in the environmental NGO sphere / you will be familiar with environment funders (desirable)
- Candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in development roles are preferred.
We are looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual who thrives in a team environment. The successful applicant will be solutions-oriented, able to bring imagination and initiative to the role, and will be comfortable working closely with senior staff, and with colleagues from throughout Europe and beyond. This position is to work full time.
As soon as possible in April/May 2014
£26,000-£31,000 depending on experience
Please send us a CV and a cover letter, explaining your interest in joining ClientEarth and the contribution you believe you could make to the organisation. Please address your application to Rob Ryan, Director of Development, ClientEarth, The Hothouse, 274 Richmond Road, London E8 3QW or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “ClientEarth London Development Officer role” in the email subject line, and identify the documents you are sending by including “[your name] cover letter” and “[your name] CV” in the file name.
Recruitment is open now and you should send your application as soon as possible and no later than 9 March 2014 and interviews are scheduled to be conducted during the week of 17 March 2014.
If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Rob Ryan (rryan – at- clientearth – dot- org).
For further information click here.