Salary: London Living Wage (£8.80/hour)
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Mon 10 March 14
Contact name: Bex Hay
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed campaigner to join ShareAction’s growing campaigns team, and develop skills in digital campaigning.
The role will involve a mix of digital communications, strategy development and using online analytics to help spear-head ShareAction’s movement of citizens and pension savers – fighting for a say on the economy and how our savings are invested.
We work across multiple campaigns at the same time (climate change, Living Wage, human trafficking, tax justice), challenging pension funds to use their shareholder power and bring about change in what big companies do. Flexible communication skills are essential, as well as a proven interest in digital campaigning.
Previous experience using the web and social media for a campaign is desirable, however more important is enthusiasm for ShareAction’s mission and willingness to learn new skills fast.
- Draft campaign updates and communications to engage ShareAction’s supporters
- Assist with the development of campaign strategy to grow our pension power movement and help transform the investment industry
- Co-manage ShareAction’s social media comms and strategy
- Update ShareAction’s website and news feed with campaigns-related content
- Assist with monitoring analytics, data entry and overall management of the organisation’s database
- Some admin tasks as directed by the Digital Campaigns Officer
- At least one year’s worth of campaigning experience (paid or unpaid)
- Previous knowledge or interest in campaigning around economic justice
- Experience of using social media to mobilise people (for an organisation, group or campaign)
- Willingness and ability to develop tech skills – experience of using content management systems (Drupal / WordPress) and online databases a plus
- Excellent communication skills: ability to break down complex information in a compelling and concise way
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and manage a variety of tasks independently
- At least two of the following: creative thinking, sense of humour, enjoy team work
For further information click here.