Organisation: Zoological Society of London
Salary: £28,408 pa inclusive of allowances
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Closing date: Thu 20 March 14
Contact name: Human Resources
Contact email: email@example.com
(1 x Permanent and 1 x Seasonal)
ZSL London Zoo’s Discovery and Learning department are looking for two Discovery & Learning Officers to join our team. One is a full time, permanent role from the 1st of April 2014 and one is a full time, fixed-term post from 1st April – 31st August 2014.
The Discovery & Learning Officers will play a key role in delivering ZSL’s learning strategy and in doing so achieve the Society’s mission to raise awareness and inform visitors and other audiences about the natural world and associated conservation issues. The Discovery & Learning Officers will achieve through the development and delivery of a range of learning activity and events, for a variety of audiences, the principal audience being schools, but also includes FE, HE, adult learners, teachers and education professionals. The seasonal role will assist with the delivery of education sessions during ZSL London Zoo’s busiest time for school visits. There will be additional project work which will link into the Zoo’s events calendar and involve working with various different departments in ZSL.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Experience of teaching in either a formal or informal education setting
- Experience of developing high quality, innovative learning activities/events to meet specific learning outcomes and audience needs
- Experience of working with children and communicating to a wide range of audiences
- Experience working in a zoo, aquarium, museum or other animal related environment
- Ability to carry out and demonstrate to others correct animal husbandry and management skills for handling collections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learning new skills and information within a strict time limit e.g. performance skills, handling different animals, working with different departments in ZSL
- Available to work some evenings and weekends and Bank Holidays
- Able to work in an outdoor environment and in all weather conditions
Please refer to our website for the job description.
Applicants should send a completed application form (available from our website) and covering letter addressing the stated criteria by email to ZSL’s HR Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications for this position close at 5pm on Friday 28th February 2014.
Interviews will be on Friday 14th March 2014.
ZSL is a charity registered in England and Wales no: 208728
Please mention environmentjob.co.uk when responding to this ad.
For further information click here.