Salary: £24,300 – £28,150 pa
Location: Millbank, London
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Closing date: Mon 03 March 14
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
The Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) is an energy efficiency programme designed to ensure that the larger energy suppliers deliver energy efficiency measures to domestic energy users. This is a varied role supporting the effective administration of the scheme. This will see you carry out assessments of energy efficiency measures installed by energy suppliers to determine whether they meet the requirements of the ECO, and work with suppliers to improve performance where required. You will ensure that our policies and procedures reflect current legislation and adapt as required in response to legislation changes and monitor and report on fraudulent activity. You will ensure that key stakeholders have comprehensive access to information on the ECO scheme, support training needs as required and respond to queries from a range of internal and external sources.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or relevant professional experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Experience of Microsoft Office packages essential, specifically Excel
• A knowledge of energy efficiency
In addition to working in a stimulating environment we offer:
• Up to 30 days’ annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only)
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Excellent working environment.
For fairness we require all applicants to complete our online form and so are unable to accept CVs. You might be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process and you will need to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details click here
To apply, please click ‘more information’ below.
Closing date: 9am, 3rd March 2014
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
For further information click here.