Salary: £31,500 – £38,600 pa
Location: Millbank, London
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Mon 03 March 14
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
The Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) is an energy efficiency programme designed to ensure that the larger energy suppliers deliver energy efficiency measures to domestic energy users. This is an opportunity to be a technical lead on a range of energy efficiency projects. You should be able to analyse and report accurately on the energy performance of domestic buildings and present this data and its relevance to a diverse range of stakeholders, including non-technical professionals. This will involve leading programme meetings and producing technical guidance notes for more general usage. Your technical expertise will enable you to make clear and informed recommendations to projects and strong project management skills will ensure you and your team deliver against a range of key performance indicators.
• Degree in a science or technical discipline
Essential skills and experience:
• Knowledge of a range of energy efficiency and/or low carbon heating technologies
• Strong numerical and analytical skills, with an eye for detail
• IT literate, with advanced Excel knowledge
• Proven track record of problem solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• A knowledge of SAP/RdSAP
• Experience of environmental/quality management systems, for example ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
• Working knowledge of relevant industry standards or benchmarks, such as Building Regulations or BREEAM.
In addition to working in a stimulating environment we offer:
• Up to 30 days’ annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only)
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Excellent working environment.
For fairness we require all applicants to complete our online form and so are unable to accept CVs. You might be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process and you will need to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details click here
Fixed Term until the end of December 2014
To apply, please go to: www.ofgem.gov.uk/careers
Closing date: 9am, 3rd March 2014
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
For further information click here.