EwasteR Project Seeking Participants for the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs Scheme
About Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) is a cross-border exchange programme which provides a grant for new or aspiring entrepreneurs to spend time abroad to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses.
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
UK partners are seeking three new/aspiring entrepreneurs:
Who is eligible to participate?
• Participants on the EwasteR pilot programme, or
• Someone already working in or seeking to work in WEEE recycling/reuse; WEEE management or related business area
• Anyone who is permanent resident in one of the European Union countries and over 18 can get involved
What’s involved for the new entrepreneur?
• Create a business plan/proposal for a new entrepreneurial/business idea (based on guidelines from EYE)
• Create a CV using the Europass template available from EYE
• Registration on the EYE Programme platform as New Entrepreneur
• Make contact your “Local Contact Point” on EYE web site to know availability of resources and technical assistance for the proposal’s submission
• A stay of 1-6 months with a host company in Europe to learn more about how their organisation operates
EwasteR project partners in the UK are also seeking three host companies in the UK
Who is eligible to participate as a host company?
• Any SME company in the WEEE recycling/reuse or related fields that can offer an experience to a new entrepreneur
• Owner-manager of a small or medium sized enterprise who has been running their own company for several years
• Or a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at board level
What’s involved for the host company?
• Must be willing to share knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor
• Complete the online application stating the skills you are seeking
• Provide a high quality learning experience for new entrepreneur to enable them to gain insight to support a viable business start up
• Once accepted for the programme, the contact point you will have chosen in your country will help you to find a new entrepreneur that matches your requirements
• Complete an online feedback questionnaire after the exchange.