Hackney Cycling Conference will take place on June 6 at the Hackney Picture House, Mare Street, Hackney E8 1HE.
The major funding committed for London highlights a growing political will for ambitious and innovative approaches to improve the public realm and encourage more people to cycle on our road network.
With huge commitment for such change, what is the future of London’s landscape?
With schemes such as Mini-Holland set to create substantial and transformative change along with the extension of cycle superhighways and funding for quietways, key questions and challenges start to arise around cycling design standards.
How will the competition for space be managed?
Is there a need to reallocate road space?
How do we encourage and increase cycling numbers without taking away space from modes other than the private car, should we cut into bus lanes and muscle in on footways?
As London’s number one borough for cycling, the Hackney Cycling Conference offers unrivalled access and opportunity to explore these issues with a cross-sector mix of transport professionals, politicians, academics and campaigners whi are involved in influencing an increase in safe cycling in the UK.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andrew Gilligan, London Cycling Commissioner
- Klaus Bondham, Director at Danish Cyclists’ Federation
- John Dales, Director of Urban Movement
- Brian Deegan & Paul Lavelle, Transport for London
- Peter Piet, Steer Davies Gleave and Roy Thompson, Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- Dr Rachel Aldred, Senior Lecturer in Transport, University of Westminster
- Tom Bogdanowicz, London Cycling Campaign
- David Dansky, Cycle Training UK
Register now: https://hackneycyclingconference2014.eventbrite.co.uk
After the conference, attendees are invited to stick around and enjoy Street Screen – the best of the Streetfilms archive hosted by Movement for Liveable London at 7pm. Tickets £5 and include a drink courtesy of Steer Davies Gleave.
More info and register at: https://hcc14-streetfilms-liveable-london.eventbrite.co.uk
Exhibition opportunities are available, to enquire email email@example.com