Website Women's Environmental Network
Communications and Membership Volunteer
Hours: 1 day per week, for 3-6 months
Location: WEN office, Ground Floor, 20 Club Row, London, E2 7EY
Reporting to: WEN staff
Summary: Managing WEN’s social media presence and implementing our membership strategy
Why volunteer for WEN?
WEN is the only organisation in the UK working consistently to make the links between women’s health and wellbeing and environmental issues. As a small team volunteers make an invaluable contribution to our work, and often bring new ideas and projects to WEN. WEN is a feminist and participatory organisation- our work is shaped by our volunteers, staff, trustees and members.
- Manage WEN’s social media presence
- Create and circulate WEN e-newsletter
- Promote membership online and at events such as student fairs, green festivals etc
- Correspond with new and existing members
- Collate and send out welcome packs to new members
- Develop and maintain relationships with key groups
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with WEN’s policies and practices including Equal Opportunities and Green Housekeeping.
- Contribute to WEN’s core activities and share in general duties such as answering phones, taking messages and carrying out basic office tasks.
- Deal with correspondence, general enquiries and information requests, including enquiries from women on personal and health matters.
WEN will cover your travel and lunch expenses of up to £4 for lunch and the price of a London daily Travelcard.
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of managing social media accounts
- Knowledge of feminist and environmental social movements
Skills and abilities:
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse organisation, and to work with limited supervision
- Strong communication skills including the ability to disseminate information verbally and in writing to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to identify key selling points that will attract new members
To apply please send a CV and cover letter outlining why you think you’re the right person for the role to email@example.com by Monday 8th February