Recycling pioneer Paper Round has secured funding from WRAP to work with 70 public sector organisations including local authority offices, schools, hospitals and colleges, to help them divert food waste from landfill.
The funding provides all organisations which sign up to the scheme with a free bespoke starter package, comprising the required provision of wheeled bins and caddies, as well as communications resources. How could organisations benefit?
- Free food recycling containers to remove start-up costs;
- Tailored advice from food recycling experts;
- Training and awareness raising events for students and staff;
- Colour-coded communications materials to ensure users of the scheme are clear how to use it;
- Paper Round is committing to spend £90,000 during a two-year period helping public sector organisations to implement food recycling.
Why not take advantage of its waste expertise, to help your school reduce its environmental impact?
Paper Round already works with five London boroughs – Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Southwark and Islington – so firms can be assured of the firm’s expert knowledge of the education sector.
The organisation collects more than 4,500 tonnes of food waste annually, working with a range of high profile companies helping them to achieve better environmental performance by sending their food waste to anaerobic digestion.
Please click here to see a case study, demonstrating its successful relationship with London Borough of Newham Schools, where it collects food waste from more than 65 schools.