Salary: £31,500 – £38,600 pa
Location: Millbank, London
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Closing date: Mon 03 March 14
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
Ofgem’s Sustainable Energy Policy team leads our approach to environmental and long-term sustainability issues ensuring that environmental issues are a priority of all major projects. This involves liaising with government departments on emerging energy legislation and policy and ensuring that we are always aware of new approaches and the latest developments in the sector. As a Policy Manager you will be expected to lead on our policy development in a number of areas and ensure sustainability and environmental considerations are embedded in all we undertake. Examples of projects include evaluating the potential for community level energy supply; developing guidance around energy uncertainty and its implications; or assessing consumer attitudes and sensitivities to sustainability issues. It is a varied role and will suit an individual with an enquiring mind and a commitment to energy sustainability.
Essential skills and experience:
• Proven knowledge of sustainable development and/or environmental issues with experience of the energy sector and/or its related public or regulatory policy
• A track record in working across organisations to influence project outcomes
• The ability to use evidence and analysis to support the provision of objective advice on a range of issues
• Excellent communication and the ability to convey complex information effectively, in writing or in a presentation setting
• The ability to manage successful stakeholder relationships with in integrity and professionalism
• Strong project management
• Broad understanding of the regulatory and commercial frameworks governing the operation of the gas and electricity markets
• An understanding of the regulatory frameworks governing the operation of electricity and gas markets
In addition to working in a stimulating environment we offer:
• Up to 30 days’ annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only)
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Excellent working environment.
For fairness we require all applicants to complete our online form and so are unable to accept CVs. You might be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process and you will need to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details click here
To apply, please click ‘more information’ below.
Closing date: 9am, 3rd March 2014
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
For further information click here.