Richmond Furniture Scheme’s aims and objectives are to:
– Alleviate poverty by collecting donations of furniture in good condition from the general public and make it available to people in need at minimal cost.
– Encourage re-use and refurbishment of furniture and household goods thus reducing the amount of materials sent to landfill.
– Promote awareness of waste reduction by involving more of the community in the process of re-use.
– Improve the quality of the natural environment and promote a healthy living environment by encouraging those that throw goods out to donate to those in a low income group; all the while assisting youth groups to refurbish and re-use furniture.
– Preserve valuable resources by reducing the use of primary materials (e.g. wood). To do this we utilise self-employed carriers to collect and deliver furniture and household goods. To collected goods are stored in our warehouses for people to view and purchase them.