The Scottish Enterprise High Growth Start Up Unit provides intensive business support to help create future Scotland-based, global companies.
Advice and services available from Scottish Enterprise include:
Strategy and Business Planning
- Business models.
- Routes to market and channel partners.
- Customer and supplier introductions – from Scottish Enterprise and their wider network of international contacts.
- Investor presentations.
- Assistance with forming the optimum funding strategy.
- Access to public sector grant support.
- Investor engagement.
Management Team Building
- Access to the Scottish Enterprise networks to identify potential executive and non-executive individuals to strengthen a management team.
Professional Advisory Community Introductions
- Corporate Legal.
- Corporate Finance.
- Patent Attorneys.
Scottish Enterprise work with each company to develop challenging growth plans. They then help them realise these plans, through a range of support. For instance, they may provide specialist help for innovation or product development, or support to enter overseas markets.
To be eligible for High Growth Start Up support, a business should be commercialising potentially disruptive intellectual assets that display the potential to achieve:
- revenues of £5 million within five years, or
- a value of £5 million or more within three years.
Support may be accessed at any time.