Organisation: Hyder Consulting
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Closing date: Wed 05 March 14
Contact name: Abi Andrews
Hyder Consulting is a multi-national advisory and design consultancy with particular specialisation in transport, utilities, property and environmental solutions. With approximately 4,300 people across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia, we offer clients the benefit of global expertise coupled with local knowledge to benefit their projects and stakeholders.
Our Energy and Environmental practice in the UK comprises over 250 staff and we are presently working on some of the largest civil engineering infrastructure, urban regeneration and transport projects in the UK. We cover a number of sub-disciplines including energy and sustainability, waste management, landscape architecture, sustainability, ecology and geosciences.
Presently, we are seeking to locate an Energy and Sustainability Consultant for our Carbon and Resource Efficiency team who are looking to build on their sustainability business with a focus on energy in the built environment. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in this field and to be considered for the role you should possess the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Relevant Degree in Environment / Engineering or combination as appropriate
• MSc in Low Carbon Modelling / Solutions
• Extensive experience in delivering low carbon energy technology / solutions• Energy modelling relative to existing and new developments
• Mechanical and Electrical engineering background
• To have experience in: SAP assessor, CSH and/or BREEAM licensed assessor and Sustainability Strategies.
• To have experience in Renewable and Low Carbon Energy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, you will have significant technical and project related experience in delivering low carbon energy strategies and solutions for the built environment. In addition; broader skills across the sustainability arena (to include for example CSH and BREEAM) is essential to support on the wide range of other projects being delivered by the team. Business Development experience would be a benefit to support the team leader in ensuring a continued pipeline of work.
We are looking for an individual with good experience who can rapidly take over existing projects and also support more junior members of the team develop their skills. The role is based in London, however other Hyder UK office locations can be considered.
Additional responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Providing leadership and technical advice to project team members and clients in order to deliver technically excellent and cost effective solutions.
• Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which responsible, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
• Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
• Managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients on projects
• Managing all commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc) relating to projects for which responsible
• Maintaining a good understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
• Providing direction to the project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovative, client-focussed and entrepreneurial culture
• Assisting in developing team members to their full potential
• Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Hyder
Key competencies / Values:
• Client focus – differentiating through tailored skills and depth of client understanding
• Excellence – striving for excellence, recognising that excellence is defined by our clients
• Trust – building and retaining relationships of trust with our clients, colleagues and business partners
• Teamwork – working together as a team for the Group, not just the individual
• Responsibility – taking responsibility for our performance and our safety
• People – we create the environment for people to realise their potential
Remuneration & Benefits:
At Hyder we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
Stakeholder Pension matched to 6%
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Best rate Gym Membership (Some UK Office Locations)
Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Tax Free Share Purchase Scheme
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!
How to Apply:
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR UK OPPORTUNITIES, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.
Applying could not be easier, please click the ‘more information’ link below and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th March 2014
For further information click here.