The Bright Sparks Re-use Project is run by DigiBridge CIC a not for profit social enterprise with charitable objective to minimise waste, promote re-use and create rewarding jobs and volunteering opportunities for local people within the areas we operate. Bright Sparks receives donated unwanted household items, prepares them as required, then sell these items on at a discounted price to the general public and at discounted prices to families on low income. We achieve this through partnerships with local authorities.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic Store Manager to run our Waltham Forest store in Leyton, London, E10. You will be an experienced retailer, who is sales focussed, has exceptional customer service and hardworking with leadership skills to motivate a team of staff and volunteers. The successful applicant will become part of an energised team delivering outstanding service to the local community.
POST: Store Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent / Full Time
SALARY: £21,500 – £25,000 per annum
RESPONSIBLE TO: Project Manager
LOCATION: Leyton, London, E10
CLOSING DATE: 31st January 2019 First interviews will take place, Wednesday 6th February 2019.
APPLICATION: Please send your current C.V with covering letter (no more than one side of A4) outlining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED IF YOUR APPLICATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL.
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF POST
As Store Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the store, ensuring you hit the set sales targets whilst your team is delivering exceptional customer service experience.
You will need to develop an awareness of all relevant policies and procedures that applies to the project and the needs of our customers (especially those who may be disadvantaged and vulnerable) and to assist the Community Engagement Officer in promoting the project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Project Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Managing and motivating your team of staff and volunteers to increase sales and ensure efficiency. 2. Managing stock levels and ensuring product availability. 3. Providing and organising team training and development. 4. Analysing and tracking sales figures and forecasting future sales. 5. Dealing with staffing issues such as interviews and performance reviews. 6. Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met. 7. Communicating business updates and company news with the team. 8. Maintaining awareness of key market trends. 9. Producing monthly and quarterly performance reports. 10. To implement the project’s policies and procedures and apply those in your day to day work.
● Assist with promoting the project and helping with advertising campaigns.
● Perform duties in a flexible, helpful, proactive and positive manner and contribute towards the general development of the team and service.
● To uphold and further the projects equal opportunities policies and to deliver effective and appropriate services fairly and without discrimination.
● To be part of a team who work together providing a clean safe environment for members of the staff, volunteers and the public.
● As directed, undertake training as required in order to carry out duties of the post in an informed, efficient and effective manner.
● Undertake all other reasonable duties associated with the post.
Experience, Skills and qualities:
We are looking for a dedicated and reliable and experienced individual that can work effectively individually and as part of our team. The right person will be motivated and a quick learner. Other required skills & qualities include:
1. Integrity and honesty.
2. At least one year of store management experience.
3. A track record of achieving sales targets.
4. Ability to set tasks and meet deadlines.
5. Great communication and leadership skills.
6. Ability to work well under pressure.
7. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Self-motivated and with common sense and initiative.
9. Available to work full-time including Saturdays.
10. IT literate with strong skills in Word, Excel and Google Chrome browser.