Marketing & Training Coordinator (part-time)
Based at London Office
About Talk Action
Talk Action is a community development organisation that brings radical ideas to life. They draw ideas from the world of political activism, alternative communities and fairer economic models and introduce these new ways of working to mainstream organisations and the public sector.
- Equality, Diversity & Opportunity
- Challenging power structures
- Experiential Learning
What they do
- Training for Charities, Public Sector & Social Enterprises
- Community Development Projects
Talk Action are looking for someone new and exciting to enhance their marketing strategy. They want someone with the skills and experience to grow their social enterprise adding a fresh perspective to their promotional work.
You will focus be on marketing but will also be involved in coordinating courses generally.
You will be responsible for:
- Promoting training courses across UK
- Improving our online presence & SEO
- Develop print, online & social media marketing material
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Research and administer new publicity avenues
- Publicising courses on Talk Action website, networks, newsletters, free listings, etc.
- Researching relevant local contacts and organisations to receive publicity
You will also be called upon to assist our Operations Manager with:
- Booking participants, invoicing and chasing unpaid fees
- Supporting training days in London and Edinburgh
- Using our mailing list software
- Occasionally you may be booking training dates, venues and facilitators
Additional responsibilities may include; general office duties, answering enquiries, assisting at events and attending conferences.
(Talk Action will also interview those people with less experience but that show enthusiasm and potential).
- Marketing and promotional experience
- Understanding of marketing via social media
- Online SEO
- Able to write clear and concise copy (English)
- Experience of building ongoing relationships & partnerships with organisations
- Sound knowledge and passion for community development
- Self motivated, energetic and sees projects through to completion
- Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Confident, outgoing good at networking and speaking with a wide range of people
- Able to travel to Edinburgh approximately 2-3 times per year
- Experience of running and promoting training courses/events
- Graphic design experience or simply keen eye for great marketing images
A friendly working environment and experience of dealing with a wide range of interesting people in differing contexts. You will be able to contribute to the development and future of a successful social enterprise and have flexitime/child care friendly working conditions.
Time: 2 x day week (plus paid overtime)
Salary: £28,210 pro-rata
Deadline for applications: 5pm Weds 12th December 2018:
- Covering letter
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: 18th & 19th December 2018 at their London office